Your Pet’s First Visit to Downtown Veterinary Clinic
We are so excited to meet you and your pet(s)! Please help us expedite your first appointment with us by taking the time to fill out our New Client registration form. This will help us get your file set up prior to your appointment and also allows you to upload your pet’s previous medical records and vaccination history if you have them. If you do not have access to your pet’s previous records, please contact your previous veterinary hospital and have them email your pet’s records to [email protected] or they can fax them to us at 414-239-8128. Having your pet’s records prior to your appointment will help familiarize us with your pet’s medical history as well as figure out any preventative care that your pet may be due for prior to your arrival. You can also bring in any records you may have at the time of your appointment, we just ask that you arrive 10-15 minutes early to allow time to go through them. All new patients will receive a complete physical examination on their first visit. This allows us to familiarize ourselves with your pet and to establish a baseline for future care. From there, our Downtown Veterinary Clinic doctors will work closely with you to determine a schedule for care, including exams and any necessary treatments.
Things to remember for your appointment:
- Please bring your pet’s medical records (if they haven’t been sent to us already)
- If you are active or retired military, please bring in your military ID so we may apply a 10% discount to your record to show our appreciation for your service!
- Please bring in a fresh stool sample (from within 24 hours)
- All dogs MUST be on a leash or contained in a carrier for safety reasons (we don’t recommend retractable leashes)
- All cats should ideally be contained in a carrier for safety reasons.
- Always remember to watch your noses and tails! Please do not allow your pets to mingle with other pets. Due to the nature of an animal hospital, other patients may be there due to a contagious illness. Also, a lot of otherwise social pets may not be feeling well enough to be social at that time and may not appreciate being approached by another pet which could result in one or both pets reacting aggressively towards each other. Everyone’s safety is our priority so we appreciate your cooperation.
***Due to our downtown location, we do not have a private parking lot. There is 2-hour street parking available on Astor Street and non-metered parking 1 block north on Lyon Street. Milwaukee’s new streetcar, “The Hop” stops right on our front doorstep at the corner of Ogden and Astor, however, unfortunately, they do not allow pets to travel on board at this time.
We look forward to seeing you and your pet(s) soon!!”
Small Animal Wellness
We provide a complete wellness program for your pets to keep them happy and healthy.
Our wellness programs are designed to prevent disease and prolong the lives of your companion animals. We strive to prevent illness whenever possible. Early diagnosis of an illness can lead your pet to a longer, healthier life.
Since our pets age quicker than us, regular exams are important to allow your veterinarian to evaluate your pet‘s overall health and become aware of any problems before they become serious illnesses. Our veterinary pet wellness programs include a comprehensive physical exam; internal parasite testing; heartworm and flea control; vaccination program; spay and neuter services; and specialized blood tests for all stages of life.